Tony Sage is a visionary.

In recent years his list of achievements includes bringing Chelsea and Manchester United to Perth in 2018 winning the A-League premiership and setting an A-League Grand Final attendance record at Optus Stadium.

Though it’s the Glory owner’s newest move which is perhaps the most ambitious – selling 80 per cent of the club to a London Group looking to create its own football empire.

Speaking on Perth’s 6PR radio he said he had  “come across a group in London that have a fantastic vision for football.”

Mr Sage spoke on how the London-based cryptocurrency group The London Football exchange – who will purchase the majority stake of 80 per cent –  is looking to create its own network of clubs, similar to the City Football Group, starting in Australia with intentions to move into Europe.

Mr Sage is prepared to sell 80 per cent of the club, while holding on to the other 20 per cent due to his passion and vision for the game’s growth in Australia.

As a part of the deal, it was announced earlier last month that Sage would become the chairman of the London Football Exchange Football Group which will own multiple football clubs around the world and integrate a youth development and commercial pathway for male and female players.

Featured Image – AAP

 

Advertisements
nealsymons
nealsymons123@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.